7 FACTS ABOUT
DIOGO ALMEIDA ALVES
1. International Experience: Lived, studied and worked in 9 countries and 4 continents: Africa (Angola), Americas (Dominican Republic), Europe (Germany, France, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom) and Asia (Hong Kong and Malaysia).
2. Serial Entrepreneur: Launched and managed 4 tech startups with different experiences: Co-founded 360imprimir, currently present in 4 markets and 200 employees between Europe and Latin America; managed an European social network that failed after several pivots; led a major offers and discounts platform in Central America; directed a Rocket Internet venture that exited to a leading eCommerce platform in Asia-Pacific.
3. Tech Investments: Diogo has previous experience as a venture capital investor in several sectors (e.g. mobile, AR, SaaS, digital media, marketplaces) in different stages, from pre-seed, seed to series A/B. He was also part of the team that launched the first accelerator and investment vehicle strictly focused in sports tech in Europe.
4. Digital Transformation: Works with diverse types of organizations (from startups to SMEs to large multinationals) from different sectors ) in digital projects with The Orange, focusing on digital go-to-market strategy, the intersection of technology and sustainability in business, and in fundraising and digital investment processes. Before, he was part of the MUDA team, a project that aims to increase the number and the sophistication of internet users in Portugal.
5. Sustainability & Social Impact: Develops European projects in the field of sustainability with the German Federal Association for Sustainability, education and community impact initiatives with the Global Shapers of the World Economic Forum, being the Curator for Portugal in 2019/20 and through the 100 Oportunidades project.
6. Arts & Culture: Focuses in the empowerment and development of people through innovation and arts, with improvisation theatre at the core of its methodology with the company The Human Story. Has artistic training in the area of the improvisation theatre in the Act School of Lisbon. Developed a theater project focused on refugee integration while living in Berlin.
7. Education & Training: Specialized in the fields of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Digital. Diogo was a Visiting Professor at Católica Lisbon School of Business & Economics. Today is the Executive Coordinator for Advanced Programs in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at ISCSP (Instituto Superior de Ciências Sociais e Politicas) of the University of Lisbon. He is also a Lecturer/ Trainer in programs such as ProMentor (targeted at sports federations) and Platicemar (focused in the blue economy).